We are a small rural community. There are no “remote data analyst” or “remote jobs” of any kind available here. If you receive a “job offer” for remote work from someone claiming to be from the Town of Halcott you can be certain it is a scam.
Join the former and current editors of the town newsletter, The Times of Halcott for a celebration and a Pop-Up Holiday Fair, from 5pm to 7pm this coming Saturday, December 3rd at 264 County Route 3, in the Grange Hall. The bound issues of the first 100 volumes of the Times of Halcott will be on sale, as well as other wonderful books by Halcott authors. There may be crafts for sale by local artisans. NOTE TO VENDORS: Since this is truly “pop-up,” any and all are welcome to just show up with your work. Refreshments will be served.
The afternoon will be filled with fun! At 4:30, the children of Halcott will produce a live nativity with farm animals, behind the Grange building or in the downstairs dining room, depending on the weather. If you have a child who would like to participate or questions about the live nativity, please contact Elena or Judy DiBenedetto at 845-254-4009.
The Halcott United Methodist Church will offer hand-embroidered items, quality Party-Lite candles and accessories, as well as a unique bake sale of “Carry-Out” soups, stews, and casseroles that can be heated at home and eaten at leisure. Please make sure to support them as the Church is diligently fund-raising for some seriously-needed capital improvements.
Since the summer of 2020 when Town lost its annual Fair due to COVID, there have not been many chances for the community to gather. Come and spend time together to congratulate the ongoing efforts of The Times of Halcott as you browse for locally sourced holiday gifts and plan your dinner menu from the church bake table.
HALCOTT TOWN BOARD MEETING
NOVEMBER 21, 2022
Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of minutes of October 17, 2022 meeting
- Highway Superintendent’s Report
- Update of proposed purchase of new truck
- Other Highway business
- Budget Officer’s Report
- Approval to pay vouchers
- Preparation for 2023 Organizational Meeting
- Select date: January 2 or January 9 (Draft of meeting attached here)
- Appoint committee to discuss garbage (report attached here)
- Appoint committee to discuss proposed building application fees (attached here)
- Re-appoint Planning Board members Adina Johnson, term to expire 12/2026; Teddy Johnson, term to expire 12/2027;.
- Re-appoint to Zoning Board of Appeals John Dobsa, term will expire 12/2026; Christl Johnson, term will expire 12/2027.
- Clerk’s Report
- Land Use Code update — Karen Rauter
- Other Business
Follow-up on tree in stream near Virgil’s house
Adjournment. Next regular Board Meeting 6PM, December 19, 2022
Please note: there are attachments to this agenda:
- Draft 2023 Organizational Meeting; Halcott Highway Terms of Employment are part of this document.
- Garbage Report as of October, 2022
- John Mathiesen’s proposed building permit and application fees
If you wish to attend the November meeting, please print these additional 8 pages for your information. Thank you!
Note: Stars indicate attention needed. DRAFT
Town of Halcott
Organization for 2023
NOTE: OATH OF OFFICE MUST BE TAKEN BY EVERY NEW OFFICIAL AND EVERY OFFICIAL WHOSE TERM BEGINS ANEW.
Supervisor: Innes Kasanof (two year term) term expires 12/2023; $3900.00
Town Justice: Kenneth Williams (four year term) – term expires 12/2025; $1075.00
Four Council Members: (four year terms) – $850.00 each.
Alan Reynolds, term expires 12/2023
Samantha Bouton, term expires 12/2023
Judy DiBenedetto, term expires 12/2025
Eric Fronckowiak, term expires 12/2025
Full Time Superintendent of Highways: Russell Bouton, two year term,
term expires 12/2023; $52,500.00
Fixed Assets (Highway): Superintendent of Highways
Town Clerk: Patricia Warfield, (two year term), term expires 12/2021; $4800.00
Tax Collector: Robin White, (two year term), term expires 12/2021; $2600.00
Records Management Officer: Town Clerk
Registrar of Vital Statistics: Town Clerk
Fixed Assets – (Town): Town Clerk
Assessor: Marc Neves, (six year term), term expires 9/30/2025; $8700.00
Health Officer: Susan Fiore, MD; annual salary $110.00
Dog Control Officer: Greg DiBenedetto, (one year term); $1175.00
Dog Enumerator: Dog Control Officer, $1.00 per dog plus mileage.
Code Enforcement Officer: John Matheisen, (one year term), $33.00 an hour plus mileage and training. Submits quarterly reports.
Greene County Planning Board Representative: vacant.
Planning Board Secretary: Nancy Reynolds – (appointed by Planning Board) – $250.00
Zoning Board of Appeals Chairman: Karen Rauter, $250.00
Attorney for the Town: Shawn Smith, Grand Gorge(one year term) (Budgeted $2000)
Grange Building Steward: Robert Van Valkenburgh, one year term, $600.00
Webmaster: Greg Beechler, one year term, $600.00
Grange Cleaner: Judy DiBenedetto. 12 cleanings a year at $50 each time. More to be scheduled when necessary.
Flag Steward: Chris DiBenedetto
Budget Officer, Paul Tamaccio, $8000.00
*Solid Waste Coordinator: paid quarterly; one year term, $2400.00.
Deputy Supervisor: Alan Reynolds
Deputy Superintendent of Highways:
Deputy Town Clerk: Ariella Warfield.
Deputy Bookkeeper: vacant
Deputy Code Enforcement Officer: Hiram Davis, effective 3/1/19
*Finance and Personnel committee: Innes Kasanof, Alan Reynolds (to propose at 2023 Org mtg.)
Town Board Building Committee: Judy DiBenedetto; Samantha Bouton.
Town Board Highway Committee: Chair: Alan Reynolds; Eric Fronckowiak
*Fire Company Liaison: vacant
Grange Oversight Committee: Jennifer Bouton, Robert Van Valkenburgh, Town Councilman Judy DiBenedetto, Samantha Bouton
Emergency Planning Committee: Chair: Innes Kasanof, Judy DiBenedetto, Alan Reynolds, Bob VanValkenburgh, Lee Austin.
ATV committee- Jen Bouton, Lee Austin
*Shared Services Committee- , Alan Reynolds
Planning Board – Meets first Wed. of every month at 7PM as needed.
* Five members – (five year terms) – (chooses its own chairman)
Chairman: Teddy Johnson, term expires 12/2021 – propose 12/2027 at November 21 2022 mtg.
Adina Johnson, term expires 12/2021 – propose 12/2026 at November 21 2022 mtg.
Mark Vogler, term expires 12/2025
Andrew Kelder, term expires 12/2024
Nancy Reynolds, term expires 12/2023
*Zoning Board of Appeals
Five members, five year terms:
John Dobsa, term expires 12/2021 – propose 12/2026 at November 21 2022 mtg.
Christl Johnson, term expires 12/2022 – propose 12/2027 at November 21 2022 mtg.
Chairman, Karen Rauter, term expires 12/2025
Bruce Rowe, term expires 12/2023
Vacant, one member
*NOTE: Hours of annual training received by Planning and Zoning Board members will be reported to Town Clerk at every January board meeting.
Minor Subdivision: $50 application fee & $50 at approval
Major Subdivision: $100 application fee & $50 per lot at approval
Special Permit: $100
Boundary Line Adjustment – no charge
Variance to ZBA – no charge
*Grange Hall Rentals:
$50.00 security deposit for all users.
$10.00 per use for private weekly events.
$50.00 a (private) event for Town of Halcott residents.
$100.00 a (private) event for non-residents
Events freely open to the public are free of charge.
Historian – Cindy Bouton
Board of Elections – set by Greene County (chooses its
Democrats – Jennifer Bouton, Jamie Vogler ,
Republicans – Sheri Reynolds, Jane Schramm
Alternates – Cindy Bouton, Lee Austin, Nancy Reynolds, Laura Kasanof, Joe Aronson
*Board of Assessment Review – (Three year term) – Three members (chooses its own chairman).
Susan Herzog, term expires 9/30/2023
Mark Kugler,CHAIR term expires 9/30/2024
Marta Weiss, term expires 9/30/2025
Board of Elections School – Round trip to Catskill reimbursed
Cemetery Maintenance $1300.00
Mileage: to be calculated according to the current federal allowance. Rate can be revisited by Town Board during the year.
Senior Citizen (aged 65 and older) Exemption follows that of Greene County.
All Highway Employees – every two weeks
Assessor – monthly.
Solid Waste Coordinator, quarterly
Town Clerk, annually.
Tax Collector, annually.
All other Officers, annually
Fire Protection: Fleischmanns Fire Company.
Official Bank: The Bank of Greene County, Inc.
Official Newspaper: The Mountain Eagle
Official Radio Station: WRIP, Windham [97.9 FM]
Town Board Meetings: third Monday of the month, excepting January and February when it will be the fourth Monday of the month to avoid Martin Luther King Day and Presidents Day, at the Town of Halcott Grange Hall, at 6PM unless otherwise noted. All changes will be published beforehand in The Mountain Eagle and/or posted at the Town Grange Hall, Clerk’s bulletin board.
A Town email list will be kept by the Supervisor. Pertinent notices will also be sent by email. Requests to be put on the list may be emailed to: email@example.com
Office Hours and locations:
Office of Supervisor: 813 Route 3, Halcott Center, NY 12430; Tel: 845-254-9920
Office of Highway Superintendent: 9 Ursum Way, Halcott Center, NY 12430; Tel: 845-254-5736
All other offices located in the Town Grange Hall: 264 Route 3, Halcott Center, NY 12430
Town Clerk: Wednesdays 5 to 7pm; any other time by appointment. Tel: 845-254-6441
Tax Collector: At the Grange Hall: During January: Wednesdays 6PM to 8PM; Saturdays, 10AM to Noon. All other times by appointment or by mail. Closed all legal holidays. Tel: 845-701-1364
Code Enforcement Officer: 586-2074; By appointment.
Justice Court: as needed, or by appointment.
All Annual Reports: due by January 20th or the January monthly meeting each year.
Highway Fixed Assets Report: due by January 20th, or the January monthly meeting of each year.
Town Fixed Assets Report: due by January 20th or the January monthly meeting of each year.
Highway Time Sheets, Daily Records, Log Work done each day.
ALL Vouchers – should be itemized and/or with bills attached. They should be given to the Budget Officer/Supervisor by the Thursday preceding each meeting.
Photocopies – twenty-five cents – one side.
MINUTES of the meetings of the current month are available free of charge from the Clerk by email and from the Website. Hard copies are available from the Clerk for twenty-five cents each page – one side. CDs available at $5.00 ea
Standard Guidelines for Response Times: Response to requests for information to any of the appointed or elected officials shall be initiated within 24 hours from the time of the request. Most of our town officials work from remote locations on a part time basis. We will do our best to respond as quickly as possible.
2023 Town of Halcott Terms of Employment
Adopted, Organizational Meeting, Jan 2023
Be it resolved by the Town Board of the Town of Halcott, Greene County, N.Y. as follows:
- That the starting wage schedule of Town Highway employees in the Town of Halcott for the year 2023 shall be asfollows:
a. Truck/Heavy Equipment Operator with Mechanical Skills – $21.00/hr. based on experience. Highway Superintendent shall determine.
b. Laborer – $13/hr.
c. Emergency help – $15.00/hr straight time pay. (Must be approved by a member of the Town Board or Supervisor).
d. Part-time Mechanic –$ 20.00/hr, up to 4 hrs per week.
e. Part time snow plowing- $20.00/hr
- That subsequent raises for full time highway employees of the Town of Halcott will be established when annual budget is discussed.
3) That each fulltime highway employee in the Town of Halcott be paid time and a half for overtime after a 40/hr week.
4) That each fulltime highway employee in the Town of Halcott be entitled to receive the following holidays each year: New Year’s Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and one floating holiday [TEN] and shall be entitled to receive his/her wages at the regular rate prescribed for his/her classification of work. (If holiday falls on the weekend, the employee will be given either the weekday before or after the holiday. If the holiday falls within the work period of four ten-hour days, the employee will be given 10 hours for the holiday).
5) That full time employees hired before 2017 would receive the following annual leave:
- Ten days sick leave given on January 1. Unused sick leave is not compensated. Unused Sick leave will not carry over from year to year after December 31, 2017 and will be reported to NYS+LR for additional service credit. If sick leave is used up before the end of the year employees may use available vacation leave as sick leave.
- In addition, personal or vacation leave as follows: one-half day a month, with an extra half day for anniversary month (month hired); employees will not receive compensation for unused vacation leave at the end of service.
- After 3 years: 1 day a month with extra day for anniversary month;
- After 7 years: One and a half days per month, with extra day for anniversary month;
- After 10 years: Two days a month with extra day for anniversary month.
All leave must be approved by the Highway Superintendent and cannot be taken until after six months of service. Vacationleave can accumulate up to 240 hours for all employees hired before 2015. For all other employees, vacation leave will not accrue from year to year. The Town encourages employees to use their vacation during the year.
6) That full time employees hired after1/1/2017 will receive the following leave:
a. Ten days sick leave given on January 1st . Unused sick leave is not compensated. Unused Sick leave does not carry over from year to year and will be reported to NYS+LR for additional service credit. If sick leave is used up before the end of the year employees may use available vacation leave as sick leave. Compensated sick leave may not be taken during the first six months of employment
b In addition, personal or vacation leave as follows: one and a quarter days a month;
c. After 7 years: personal or vacation leave as follows: One and a half days per month,
d. Employees will not receive compensation for unused vacation leave at the end of service.
e. All leave must be approved by the Highway Superintendent and cannot be taken until after six months of service.
f. Any leave requested in excess of the above amounts will be uncompensated and must be requested in writing and submitted to the Town Board for approval. Such requests must state the purpose of the leave, start and end dates.
g. Vacation leave will not accrue from year to year, with the exception that five days may be carried over to the next year. The Town encourages employees to use their vacation during the year.
7) Every full-time employee will contribute 25% of his/her monthly health insurance premium.
8) The Town of Halcott will participate in the New York State and Local Retirement System according to its guidelines.
9) These terms will be posted at the Highway Garage. A copy signed by full time highway employees will be filed by the Finance Chair
10) Full-time, working Highway Superintendent receives same benefits as listed in numbers 4, 5, 7, and 8 above.
11) The Highway Superintendent must seek approval for unbudgeted expenses over $2500.
GARBAGE MONEY RECEIVED AND DISBURSED
As of October 2022
|GARBAGE, as of Oct 2022|
|Received from tickets sold||3073|
|Billy Haynes @ 250/mo.||1750|
|(Paid up to July)|
|Total Received to date:||4823|
|Greene Co Solid Waste||6481|
|Salary Kip Johnson (to date)||1738.5|
This list has two pages
The Town of Halcott Planning Board meeting originally scheduled for November 2, 2022 has been rescheduled for Wednesday November 9, 2022. The planning board will conduct a public hearing for a proposed garage on land owned by Theodore Johnson, 115 Bouton Road, Halcott Center, NY. Tax Map ID #142-2-43. All persons wishing to speak upon this matter shall be heard at this time. A regular meeting will follow the public hearing.
Chairman, T/Halcott Planning Board
A working meeting of the Town of Halcott Land Use Code Update Committee will take place Monday, November 7 at the Town Grange, 264 Route 3 Halcott, NY from 6:00-8:00 PM. Monthly progress is reported at Town Board meetings. Questions: email Karen Rauter, Halcott ZBA Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nan Stolzenburg is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Meeting ID: 871 2483 9562
One tap mobile:
+19292056099,,87124839562#,,,,*348067# US (New York)
Meeting ID: 871 2483 9562
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kcmHg32H1