TOWN OF HALCOTT
7:15 PM, Monday, May 21, 2018
Town GRANGE, all are welcome
Pledge of Allegiance
CALL TO ORDER
1. Approval of minutes Monday, April 23, 2018
2. Highway Superintendent’s Report
Plans for 2017 Chips, Pave NY, Extreme Weather highway funding
5. Clerk’s Report.
6. Other business:
a. Status of Subdivision update
b. Fire Building
7. Public comment.
8. Next meeting: June 18, 2018
A group of Halcott homeowners have a group pricing program for propane. This is a great cooperative effort that could save you a lot of money! Here’s the 2017 update:
Propane Group Discounts Renewed
The Halcott Center Propane Buying Group’s current non-pre-buy, non-contract rate is $1.80 per gallon. Pre-buy contract customers have been mailed contracts which must be received by Suburban by August 11. The “Circle of Friends” offer continues: 35 free gallons for each auto delivery customer who brings in another.
Follow this link to search the Greene County Tax Rolls for local public tax information.
At the county site click the button for Public Access and then select Halcott from the municipalities pulldown.
Dear Town Members: Take a look at the training described in the attached flyer that Karen Rauter is trying to organize here in Halcott. It will take place at our Grange Hall from 4 to 8PM on March 20th (snow date March 27th) and is open to all those in the area who are interested in planning. Dinner will be served! It would be a good opportunity to learn more about the do’s and don’t’s of zoning, the principles behind it, and how it protects a community. Please let Karen know at email@example.com (phone: 845-985-2581) if you are interested in coming. And we send a special plea to those of you who think of others who might be interested, but who don’t have email access. Bring them!
ZBA Training Flyer PDF
Thanks to Bob Vanvalkenburgh, the weather site and webcam on Turkey Ridge are backup at http://www.vanvalkenburgh.com/wx.html. Check local conditions in Halcott from anywhere in the world.
Dear Friends: The Town Board is continuing to work on an emergency plan that will be effective for future needs. As we explore different scenarios, and re-visit the Irene disaster of August, 2011, we are more and more aware that the single most important need for our town is better communication. We are looking into various options, but one tool already available to us is Greene County’s Emergency Notification System called Code Red.
The Halcott Town Board has asked that you be made aware of the following:
1. Should you witness any ATV abuse, the Greene County Sheriff’s Office asks that you contact them as soon as possible. You may call 518-943-3300 or the cell phone of Greg Seeley, our Sheriff: 518-821-0257. Last Monday night, the Sheriff and two deputies came to Halcott to answer questions about the use and misuse of ATVs. We are far from the rest of Greene County, and so the response time for ATV problems can be slow. They welcome the chance, however, of patrolling the Town if we can give them some guidance on patterns and habits of illegal ATV activity.
2. On another note: the Grange building will be sprayed for cluster flies on Tuesday, October 24th. Therefore, the building will be locked from 12 noon until 6PM. Any questions may be directed to Pete and Nancy Ballard, 254-4141.